- Infection control is concerned with two main areas. Firstly, transmission from person to person, and secondly, transmission via a contaminated object.
- You must ensure that a safe environment is provided to deliver care to your patients.
- You must follow appropriate infection controls including hand hygiene.
- You should keep up to date with immunisations.
- You must use and dispose of sharps safely.
- You should be aware of situations of increased concern, including patients with transmissible infections.
- You should use routine infection control precautions, including decontaminating equipment that regularly comes into contact with patients.
- You should know the measures to take in case of accident.
- You must dispose of waste safely.