- You must carry out such examinations as appear to be necessary to detect signs of injury, disease or abnormality in the eye or elsewhere.
- In addition to the minimum legal requirements, you should use your professional judgement to decide the format and content of the eye examination.
- You should record all clinical findings.
- You should tell the patient your findings and recommendations.
- The frequency of eye examinations depends on the patient’s clinical needs but there are recommended minimum intervals.
- This Guidance does not change what you must do under the law.