Clinical reasons for earlier recall
- Clinical circumstances may justify recalling a patient earlier than the intervals set out above, including patients:
- of any age with refractive error that is changing rapidly, or who are at risk of such changes, for example patients:
- newly diagnosed with diabetes whose condition you have decided to manage, rather than refer
- with a suspect visual field on one visit that is not confirmed on repeat
with abnormal IOP with no other significant signs of glaucoma
- who are identified in protocols as needing to be seen more frequently because of risk factors, for example risk of developing glaucoma. See section on Examining patients at risk from glaucoma
- with pathology likely to worsen.