- You must supervise unregistered persons in the sale of spectacles and other optical appliances to people in restricted groups.
- You must be on the premises at key stages of supervised sale and supply.
- You should make sure the spectacles you supply meet the patient’s needs.
- You must communicate clearly with the patient about the purpose, use and maintenance of their spectacles.
- You must make arrangements for patients to receive aftercare as far as and for as long as is reasonable.
- Requirements for sale and supply when the patient is not present are the same as face-to-face sale and supply.
- You should only make up spectacles using prescriptions over two years old if it is in the patient’s best interests.
- Patients have a right to take their prescriptions elsewhere.