- Immediately following any NHS or private sight test you must issue a prescription or a statement indicating that no prescription is necessary.
- If there is no clinically significant change in the prescription, you must issue the prescription and a statement saying that there is no clinical change.
- You must only prescribe or recommend a change of spectacles when it is in the patient’s best interests to do so.
- If you make a small change to an existing prescription you must be clear about the benefit of the change and keep a record of the reason and any advice given.
- The pupillary distance measurement is not part of the prescription.