- Only registered optometrists, doctors or contact lens opticians may fit contact lenses.
- You should avoid occasional contact lens practice.
- You should discuss options with patients to help them make informed choices.
- You should give patients wearing powered or zero powered contact lenses the same degree of care; they are exposed to the same risks to their ocular health.
- Patients wishing to wear powered contact lenses must have had a recent sight test (within two years, or earlier if an earlier date is specified on the patient’s prescription).
- Patients wishing to wear zero powered contact lenses should have had a recent sight test.
- You must record all the relevant information in the patient notes.
- You should not fit yourself with contact lenses.
- You must provide the patient with appropriate advice and written information to wear, clean and maintain their lenses.