Prescribing for younger children
- You should consider the following factors when prescribing spectacles for a young child (under seven years of age)81:
- Is the refractive error within the normal range for the child’s age?
- Will this child’s refractive error emmetropise?
- Will this level of refractive error disrupt normal visual development or functional vision?
- Will prescribing spectacles improve vision function or functional vision?
- Will prescribing spectacles interfere with the normal process of emmetropisation?