- You should assess the patient’s binocular vision as an integral part of a sight test.
- You should use visual acuity tests that are appropriate for the age of the patient.
- You should be aware of the options for treating patients with binocular vision anomalies.
- If you treat a patient with patching you should have up-to-date knowledge and skills on this topic.
- If you refer a patient for orthoptic or amblyopia treatment, you should tell the patient about the likely treatment options.
- You should exchange relevant information with other professionals if the patient is receiving care as part of a community service.
- This Guidance does not change what you must do under the law.