- You must keep your professional knowledge and skills up to date and this includes: the law, the GOC’s Standards of Practice, College and other guidance, developments in practice.
- You should regularly review your work.
- You must work within the limits of your competence.
- You must meet the General Optical Council’s requirements for continuing education and training (CET).
- The College encourages you to take responsibility for, and participate in, professional development beyond CET requirements.