- When you examine a contact lens wearer you should carry out all the required key assessments, record your findings and communicate them to the patient.
- You should give the same level of care to patients wearing powered or zero powered contact lenses.
- You should schedule contact lens check-ups according to the patient’s clinical needs. This will depend upon your analysis of the risks of contact lens wear.
- If you are asked to re-issue or revalidate a patient’s contact lens specification you are responsible for the specification and should check the lenses they are wearing.
- This Guidance does not change what you must do under the law.