- You are in a position of trust with your patients and their carers, and you must not abuse that professional position.
- Sexual or inappropriate emotional relationships with current or former patients are likely to cross professional boundaries.
- You should seek advice from a colleague or professional body if you are in doubt about maintaining professional boundaries.
- You should also alert colleagues to the risks of unprofessional behaviour and report their actions if they are putting patients at risk.
- This Guidance does not change what you must do under the law.