- You should deal with complaints in a sensitive and timely manner.
- You must be candid when things go wrong.
- You should not discriminate against a patient who has complained.
- If you are an NHS contractor, you must have a complaints procedure that you make available to patients. You should extend this to private patients.
- You should try to resolve complaints in practice.
- You can use the services of the Optical Consumer Complaints Service (OCCS) to help resolve complaints.
- You have responsibilities to provide information about complaints to outside agencies if requested.
- This Guidance does not change what you must do under the law.